The mineAlloy Training Centre is always looking for new talent and we have a number of postdoctoral positions as well as PhD and MPhil scholarships available. Researchers and students work on projects proposed by our industry partners and under the supervision of senior academics:
- Deakin University: Prof Matthew Barnett and Dr Daniel Fabijanic.
- Monash University: Prof Christopher Hutchinson.
- University of Queensland: Prof Mingxing Zhang and Dr Jeff Gates.
- CSIRO: Dr Christopher Solnordal.
Our existing projects include:
- Next generation of quenched and tempered steels for ground engaging tools.
- Cast NiHard steel grade development for chute liners.
- Optimising microstructures for wear resistance.
- Exploring new hardfacing alloys to optimise carbide fractions.
- Component design for exploiting additive manufacturing routes.
- Hadfield steels with hard carbides cast as a slurry.
- Development of wear resistant material and component design for rock crushing.
- Is additive manufacturing of a tungsten carbide component possible?
- New wear testing methodologies.
If you are interested in studying or working with mineAlloy, please contact us